SailProof SP08, the rugged tablet dedicated to sailors and boat owners
In our experience of boating, we have for long wanted to find an easy, not too expensive solution for preparing and tracking our sailing. As we had had the opportunity to visit China several times and particularly Shenzhen, the Mecca of electronics, we had spotted waterproof tablets that seemed very suitable, although mainly intended for the industrial or logistics sectors. So we bought a first sample and started testing it. However, we were not completely satisfied with the product. One thing leading to another, we refined our specifications, contacted factories, bought different samples and we have been testing them for 3 years. As time went by, our specifications had become clear:
- a high-capacity battery, to last more than a long day’s sailing without any problems,
- a screen that is REALLY readable in full sunlight,
- a waterproof casing, at least IP67, and shock-proof,
- a good quality GPS chip, ideally combining GPS and Glonass and even Galileo,
- a processor and sufficient memory,
- a recent Android OS, to avoid planned obsolescence and to take advantage of the latest improvements (especially in terms of battery management),
- a Wifi + 4G connection to access GRIBS weather and current files,
- a relatively accessible budget.
Since no product offered all these features, we decided to contact factories to consider creating the product that would meet all these requirements. And now, we are proud to launch our SAILPROOF SP08 rugged tablet.
- Rugged waterproof tablet
- Android 10 (GMS certified)
- 8inch screen – Brightness: 1000 cd/m2 (1000 nits) – Gorilla Glass 3rd generation
- CPU: MTK octacore 64 bits MT-6771, 2.0 Ghz
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
- Camera : rear 13m px autofocus, front 5m px fixed focus
- Battery: Li-ion 9800 mah
- WIFI 802.11 (a/b/g/n/ac) 2.4 + 5.8Ghz
- Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE)
- GPS chip: UBlox-M8n – GNSS: GPS + GLONASS + Galileo
- 2G/3G/4G (GSM: B2/B3/B5/B8 – WCDMA: B1/B2/B5/B8 – TD-SCDMA:B38/B39/B40/B41 – CDMA2000 – LTE-FDD: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20/ – LTE-TDD: B38/B39/B40/B41)
- MicroSD card port
- SIMcard port
- USB-C (OTG+charge),
- Mini HDMI,
- POGO pin,
- DC jack
- Charge: USB or DC jack (a dock with continuous charging will be available later)
- Headphone: 3.5mm jack
- Single speaker 1.2W/8Ω, IP67 waterproof
- Microphone: IP67 waterproof
- G-sensor, Gyroscope, Compass, Distance Sensor, Light Sensor
- Operating temperature: -10 ~50°c (storage temperature -30 ~70°c)
- Size: 227*142.5*22.9 mm
- Weight: 750 g
- IP67 certified
- MIL-STD-810G certified. Droptest: 1,2m
We offer 2 kind of bracket mounts for our tablet.
Soon we will add to our shop a robust tablet mount with USB and power connections, adapted primarily to the chart table but usable under the sprayhood.
But you will already find in our e-shop the ROKK™ Mini tablet mount which is really adapted for all conditions.